- Information Sheet Information Sheet
- Summary Report - Evaluation of the CAMS and LAMP programs 2007 Summary Report - Evaluation of the CAMS and LAMP programs 2007
The LAMP initiative is a unique partnership between the Queensland Government and local government to support local government to integrate the principles and practices of multiculturalism throughout their organisations and promote positive intercultural relations in their local region.
LAMP is designed to support the Queensland Government's multicultural policy objectives of ensuring that all Queenslanders, regardless of their cultural, linguistic or religious backgrounds:
- have equitable access to services and programs that response appropriately to their needs
- are able to fully participate in and benfit from all aspects of life in Queensland, and
- feel a sense of belonging in a cohesive and harmonious community.
In particular, LAMP aims to:
- strengthen multiculturalism in the local government sector, and
- promote positive intercultural relations and social cohesion in participating local council areas.
There are 13 local councils funded under the LAMP program.