Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Multicultural Affairs

You are here:

  1. Home
  2. About us
  3. Right to Information

Right to Information

The Queensland Government provides access to information held by the government, unless on balance, it is contrary to the public interest to provide that information.

Accessing information

Information about the department's services and business operations is provided in many of our corporate documents, which are available through our publication scheme. We also make available information already released through RTI in a disclosure log.

Publication scheme - published information

Our publication scheme describes and categorises information which is routinely published by the department. In most cases, this information is available online and can be accessed directly from the publication scheme.

Disclosure log - released Right to Information requests

Our disclosure log provides information of wider public interest that has been released under the Right to Information Act 2009.

Open Data

The Queensland Government’s Open Data Revolution aims to make as much government data as possible freely available to the public to support the development of innovative solutions and real improvements to the way government services are delivered.  The department publishes datasets on the Open Data portal.

Administrative release

We make particular information available through administrative release to people seeking information about their family history.  See Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander family history for more details on this administrative access scheme. 

Formal access applications

To access other information, you may need to make a formal application under the Right to Information Act 2009 or the Information Privacy Act 2009 (if it relates to your personal information).  The Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services processes access and amendment applications on behalf of our department.  They can also provide advice about administrative access options to other documents.

We recommend contacting the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services prior to lodging a formal application.  See their Right to Information webpage for more information about how access and amendment applications are managed, including fees and charges, timeframes and review rights. 

Enquiries and feedback

If you have any enquiries or feedback regarding Right to Information, please contact:

Right to Information, Information Privacy and Screening
Corporate and Executive Services
Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
GPO Box 806

Freecall: 1800 809 078

Phone: (07) 3224 2242
Fax: (07) 3224 7050